so today is the morning–almost 9am, to be precise–of 4/20, but China Nite XIV was yesterday night.  As with last year, I went to help volunteer, but there were a few differences this time.  First, the event was held at the Hyatt Regency in downtown New Brunswick, as opposed to being in a student center (which were booked), so it was more of a trip to get there.  The other thing was that we had to get up so early in the morning…”only” at like 8am but it really didn’t help that we had our badminton tournament with Drexel and Princeton just the previous day.  Holy smokes now that I think about it, it already seems so far away, but it was really just two days ago.

Yesterday was such a long day.  I only got around 4 hours of sleep before needing to get up, and though Caspar was supposed to pick me and Vin up, I didn’t get his call (apparently cellphone service can be semi-spotty around these apartments, even for AT&T/Cingular customers, though there’s usually no issue)…and so basically Vin and I dragged ourselves to the campus center and waited for an L bus.  Vin was dozing the whole time, and I was basically sure that if I let myself pass out, it’d be over, so I tried to stay awake until the Scott Hall stop, where we got off and then walked to the Hyatt.

ok I want to cut this shorter since I need to finish something.  Basically, we helped with a bunch of things, everything from me and three girls heading to the nearby Dunkin’ Donuts and getting $70 worth of food, later transporting an 8-ft beam of wood diagonally inside a normal car (that was interesting)…yeah.  Problem was, it was so early that everyone was mad tired…we originally started off with a bunch of volunteers, but after a few hours some had left (understandably, honestly), and there was one point where the models/ppl were doing their dress rehearsal and there was pretty much nothing left to set up and still ~2+ hours till doors opened at 6:30ish, so there was too much downtime.  I don’t mind free time, but like…there wasn’t really anything to do, it was a bit chilly in the room, and most of all I was dead tired.  I ended up dozing on and off a bit til at some point I went with some people to grab dinner at Noodle Gourmet.  We ate leisurely, went back, eventually the doors opened, we helped direct people, then finally the show started, an hour behind schedule or something like that.

The show was pretty cool.  Vin and I were standing for the first part, then after intermission we sat down in some seats by the left side, which gave us a partially obstructed view.  We ended up watching most of the show, but near the end, man…basically I was dozing in and out, and both Vin and I passed out for the last like…probably 10 minutes, maybe more, of the show.  Soooo tired.  Well, I know I woke up basically as the show was ending, so I basically woke up and started clapping, haha.  Then we helped clean up, and finally Vin and I ended up walking to Paulie’s to get a few dollar slices, and then to the bus stop, where we hopped onto first an L weekend and then an A weekend to get back to Busch.  After dropping by the campus center and then to Minru’s for a moment, I went back to the apartment, uploaded the few vids and pics I had, then lay down on the bed…and it was over until 8am or something, which at this point is about an hour ago.

i need to finish and send the ROAR logo.  arghhhh not good.

at least i’m awake-ish now, but i’m starting to want to get a bit more sleep.


One thought on “china nite xiv…long day

  1. did i ever tell you i first found your blog when i googled “china nite xiv” cause i was looking for pictures for the scrapbook XD

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s