- “If you’re given the chance, ask for the world.”
- Proper cold-weather preparation, layering.
- How much of a difference 10 lbs makes for push-ups.
- Moving in formation
- Different demographic that attends GORUCK events compared to Spartan or Warrior Dash–on average older but more experienced with endurance/race events as well as being very fitness-oriented. So this is one of the places you can find a hardy group of individuals comfortable with pushing their physical/mental limits.
- Even a light event without much teamwork or even group suffering, as this ended up, still built a minor sense of camaraderie from mutual experience. I’m certainly more fond of my teammates than I might be from just meeting them in a purely social setting.
- Walking on the isolated beach in freezing wind and pelting snow was a strangely peaceful experience. Unbidden, the words “Tempest around, peace within” jumped to mind as we marched briskly south.
Next, the GR Challenge.